Is air duct cleaning expensive?
Air duct cleaning costs will vary depending on your location, accessibility, material the duct-work is made of and of course, how dirty the system is. Our expertise, training and satisfaction guarantee are built into the price of service.
How long will it take to have my air ducts cleaned?
Generally we’ll ask for at least 3-5 hours to effectively clean your air ducts. The amount of time it takes to clean a residential HVAC system may vary depending on the system. Once a skilled and trained technician arrives, they should be able to give you an estimate of how long it will take.
Will air duct cleaning be disruptive to my family?
Your professionals at Lifetime Quality Restoration & Construction can schedule a time that is convenient for your family and when most of the household is not present. Depending on the magnitude of the job, we should have your house back in normal working order in just a few hours.
How often do I need to get my air ducts cleaned?
We recommend air duct cleaning every three to five years. Below are a few reasons why you’d need to have yours cleaned more often:
- Pets that shed a lot
- Recent water damage
- Home remodeling or improvements taking place
- Residents with asthma or allergens
- Humid or moist environmental conditions
Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
There are a few things you should do prior to the technician’s arrival:
- Ensure fire extinguisher and first aid kits are readily available. For safety purposes, the technician should be directed to where they are located. Please also provide them with emergency contact information.
- Since duct cleaning can be relatively noisy, we recommend having this done when most of your household is away. If you’re able, please plan accordingly.
- Clear work areas. Ask your technician how much space is needed around each air vent register and how much space they will need around the furnace and air conditioner. It’s best these areas are cleaned before work begins.
- Walk through your home to go over where protective coverings such as drop and corner guards will be placed. It’s also necessary to go over the ducts, how they will be cleaned, and the accessibility of it.
Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
Air duct cleaning helps:
- Reduce energy costs in your home
- Reduce the potential for mold growth
- Improve indoor air quality
- Increase air circulation and flow
- Increase your home system performance
- Extend HVAC equipment life
Is there anything I can do to help maintain clean air ducts?
We recommend the following to help maintain your air ducts:
- Change air filters based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Vacuum regularly. This will also help reduce pet dander and airborne dirt and debris.
What if mold or other hazardous materials (feces, asbestos, etc.) are found in the house?
Lifetime Quality Restoration & Construction offers a full suite of services to clean and repair mold, water, fire and smoke damage, as well as odor and hazardous materials. The services are an additional cost and will be discussed during the cleaning evaluation and again at the end of the cleanup.